Monthly or daily planners can be anywhere from $20.00 - $40.00 at your local office supply store. This diva doesn’t have that kind of money! Do you? Well, with a little prep work, you can have an even more user friendly yearly planner for as little as $10.00! Want to know how?
I purchased these and three other notebooks at Target for $4.99 each:
They have three tabs each, and a handy dandy elastic band that I can use to hold my place on the current day. Each notebook has enough pages for 6 month’s worth of planning space. With a pen, I marked the pages (1 per day) like so:
Then, I went to www.holidaysmart.com/2011 so that I could add national holidays to my planner. I also added personal holidays (like my birthday, which is the 11th, by the way!) After that, I used tabs I already had and labeled each month like this:
Then, I labelled the 3 tabs that are in the notebook like this:
I wanted to make sure if it got lost, I’d get it back. So on the inside cover I wrote: (my name and phone number are actually in there but I hid them for web security purposes!!).
Lastly, I wanted to personalize it a little bit more. So I drew this on the cover:
A few words about the assertion that this planner is actually more user friendly:
- These particular notebooks have folder divider pockets, so I can put important papers (party invites, fliers, etc.) in the folders.
- You get a whole page for daily planning, rather than a small space. For me, that means I can fit my whole to-do list on a page, or if I’m going to the grocery store, I can actually write my grocery list right in my planner.
- It’s small enough to fit in my purse. Yes, I carry a big purse. Big purses are a MUST for divas!
- I got to draw on the cover. HUGE plus for me!
- They’re made of recycled materials. Going green and saving green!
What, you need more to be convinced? You only need 2 for the whole year, so you’re going to be spending a grand total of $10, plus or minus a few cents for taxes, so get to Target and make your awesome Diva planner today!