Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Diva Downtime: Scrub-a-Dub-Dub



Every Diva needs a little bit of down time.  One of my favorite “downtime” pastimes: good old fashioned soak in the tub.  I almost make a ritual of it: candlelight, drop in a bath bomb, soak for at least 20 minutes with my eyes closed and gentle music playing in the background.  To make it even more relaxing - I make my own salt scrub and give myself a truly spa-like experience right in my own bathroom.  
Salt scrubs are surprisingly easy - and amazingly cheap - to make.  Here’s my recipe:
-1/2 cup either pure almond or jojoba oil
-1/2 cup epson salt
-1/2 cup fine sea salt (or sugar, if you have sensitive skin)
-15 drops aromatherapy essential oil of your choice
A word about essential oils: They’re pretty much awesome.  They smell yummy and can soften your skin like no other.  You only need a little bit - in fact, be sure to use no more than 15 drops, because if not properly diluted, they can irritate instead of soothe!  You can use an uplifting sent like sweet orange or neroli (or for a really nice scent, blend them).  Nice calming choices are Lavender or Ylang Ylang.  If you’re dealing with allergies or a cold, Tea Tree Oil and Peppermint oil can be mixed to create a blend that is sure to open your sinuses.  Your local health food store will have a wonderful selection of essential oils, ranging from $8 - $40, depending on the scent you choose.  And they will last forever, because all you need is a few drops to make your scrub smell oh-so-perfect.  
They also make super fabulous voguish diva homemade gifts!
If you try this recipe and have a Nirvana type experience, please let me know!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment